Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I know what you're thinking...How can Carolyn possibly be posting again without waiting a grossly inappropriate amount of time since her last update? But it's happening.

Just a quick little tidbit today. I was having a rough-ish, hard-on-myself, what-am-I-doing-with-my-life-? kind of morning. You know the type... Until - a certain adorable just-turned-three-year-old I know looked up at me and said, "I like your eyebrows." Out of nowhere. Just like that...I like your eyebrows. And kids don't lie about stuff like that.
Personally, I've always been a little sensitive about my eyebrows. I don't obsess about them, but I'm certainly not their biggest fan, and I would never have written a public-ish post about them to call further attention to them. But the wisdom of a child shook me up.
So, I guess I'm here to say - even though we all have things we don't love about ourselves, maybe someone out there really does like that quality in us, or on our face as it may be. And whenever you're having a one of those rough-ish, hard-on-yourself, what-are-you-doing-with-your-life-? kind of days, remember this: Surely someone out there likes your eyebrows.

Love you,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. i just read this. and i love you so much for it. and i love that child. and i love your eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete